Notan Art – Kick Start

Today I learnt what Notan Art is and got to create my own Notan Art.  Notan art is a Japanese art form that means light and dark harmony/balance.    It is created by forming a shape in black outside a black box and mirroring it onto the black box in white.  I found it really fun to do and I plan to make some more later but this is what i created for my Kick start task.

2 thoughts on “Notan Art – Kick Start

1. Kia ora Lucas,

Isn’t Notan art so cool. I think you could look at them all day long. It’s all essentially a square isn’t it. I quite like the idea of balance too. I guess it’s a bit like the Japanese version and art version of Ying and Yang. Positive and negative, dark and light.

Notan art would make for a cool backpack or shoe design don’t you think. If you could put it on anything or anywhere where do you think it would best suit. Maybe a sticker for your laptop?

Had you heard of Notan art before?
    Did you find it challenging at all?

Tino pai to mahi Lucas, keep up all the awesome blogging. Remember to include questions in your blogs so people reading your blog have a question to engage with in the comments.

Anna
    SLJ

2. Talofa Lava Lucus

I hope you are well. You have done an astounding job with your Notan Art creation. I love that you did various shapes and used the line tool, very creative.

I hope you have an Amazing day and God Bless!

Your Friend – Estherose