Paper Planes & Flight Forces – Kick Start

Today’s task was all about paper Dart planes.  I had loads of fun doing this activity.   Here is my slide show on what I did….

4 thoughts on “Paper Planes & Flight Forces – Kick Start

1. Kia ora Lucus,

I am so impressed with your thorough presentation outlining not only what you did, but your observations and conclusions. What a great idea to colour code all of your findings. A scientist in action!

I can see you really put a lot of thought into your designs and have some clear ideas on what works best for you. It makes me wonder what your next design would look like?

Making paper planes reminds me of the art of origami. Have you ever made any origami peices before?

Whaea Michelle
    Manaiakalani Facilitator – Horowhenua

2. Kia ora Lucas,

It’s Charlotte again, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. Ka pai on giving the Paper Planes and Flight Forces activity a go. You have done a great job!

This is a fantastic blog post – well done. I have marked this down as an outstanding blog which means you will be receiving extra points for this post! It looks like you went above and beyond on this activity, do you often enjoy researching and testing?

Your colour coding technique really helped me to understand what was going on throughout your slideshow. Making a blog post that is easily understandable to your audience is the best way to encourage them to leave positive/thoughful/helpful comments.

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

3. Hi Lucas,

it’s Annabel here from Koputaroa school! What a cool paper plane task! I think it’s a great idea how you colour coded you planes so you knew which one was which. I also like how you folded and threw them in different ways to get different outcomes. It was very interesting about the different results. I thought the card plane would go further because it has more balance as it’s a bit heavier than the others.

Next time I think you could add a bit more description on your post and maybe a question too so the readers have something to respond to in the comments. This task actually reminds me of another task I did for the SLJ the build a plane challenge I did. Have you done that task? That’s all from me!

Ka Kite!

Nga Mihi Annabel!

4. Kia ora Lucas

Im Emilie Sweeney from st francis of Assisi school.
    Great job on you’re blog. Its so cool how you colour coded you planes so you knew what one each one was. I also liked how you showed the results. Next time maybe you could include how long it took to make each plane.
    Great Job Emilie