Under The Sea Robot – step It Up

Is my under the sea robot Summer Learning journey task.  I hope to see something like it in the future that can help save the coral in the ocean as the coral provides homes, protection and food for sea life.

The grey hand plants ocean plants to give the fish somewhere to hide, live and protection.  The top of the robot collects water samples to be tested in the lab later.  The yellow hand cleans the coral that is dying to try protect it and also allows the fish to eat what it rubs off.

One thought on “Under The Sea Robot – step It Up

1. Mōrena Lucas,

This is such an awesome activity, when I am teaching in my classroom I love incorporating STEM activities especially building and designing so this robot activity is awesome!

I think your design looks great and I love that you focused your design on such an important topic and need. I think the addition of a coral cleaning robot is a great idea considering how much of the oceans coral is currently dead/dying. I also enjoyed the detailed labels for each special feature of your robot. I would definitely love to see that suit explore the ocean and I would even explore with it, would you?

I would also like to comment on how awesome your description is. You explained the task and what you enjoyed beautifully, the only thing missing is a super positive and engaging question.

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ